[SEMINARI]: Dr. Harald Dimmelmeier: GRAVITATIONAL WAVES FROM RELATIVISTIC SIMULATIONS OF ROTATIONAL CORE COLLAPSE SUPERNOVAE.]

Arcadi Santamaria i Luna Arcadi.Santamaria en uv.es
Lun Dic 3 17:16:11 CET 2001

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [seminari] Dr. Harald Dimmelmeier: GRAVITATIONAL WAVES FROM
RELATIVISTIC SIMULATIONS OF ROTATIONAL CORE COLLAPSE SUPERNOVAE.
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:54:19 +0100
From: Enric Marco <enric.marco en uv.es>
To: "Dep. d'Astronomia i Astrofisica" <daa en uv.es>, Arcadi Santamaria
<Arcadi.Santamaria en uv.es>

 GRAVITATIONAL WAVES FROM RELATIVISTIC SIMULATIONS OF ROTATIONAL CORE
COLLAPSE
SUPERNOVAE

Dr. Harald Dimmelmeier

 Max-Planck-Institut fuer Astrophysik,
Garching, Germany.

LLOC: Seminari del Departament
DIA: Dimecres, 5 de desembre de 2001
HORA: 12 h.

Abstract:

"Core collapse supernovae are an important astrophysical
source of gravitational waves. An international collaboration
of detectors for such waves will start measurements in 2002.
These detectors need very accurate knowledge of the expected
wave signals for a successful data analysis.

We present results from numerical simulations of rotational
supernova core collapse to a neutron star. We solve the
general relativistic hydrodynamic equations in a fully
dynamic (approximated) spacetime. In our parameter study
we identify and quantify the relativistic corrections compared
to previous Newtonian simulations. We further compute the
signal forms of the gravitational wave emitted during the
collapse. Our simulations suggest that relativistic
corrections yield important quantitative and qualitative
differences."