[SEMINARI]: V. Sanz: Entropy-Area Relations in Field Theory

Arcadi.Santamaria en uv.es Arcadi.Santamaria en uv.es
Mie Abr 10 11:38:44 CEST 2002

                                   S E M I N A R I

                                Departament de Física Teòrica
                                     Universitat de València
                                Institut de Física Corpuscular
                                   Universitat de València - CSIC

                            Entropy-Area Relations in Field Theory

                                       Veronica Sanz

                                    (IFIC- U. Valencia/CSIC)

                                         Seminari del IFIC
                                 Thursday 11 of April of 2002 at 12:30
PM

                                            Resum

    We consider the contribution to the entropy from the fluctuations
of a
    scalar field in the background of a curved time-independent
metric. To
 account for the curvature of space, we postulate a position-dependent
cutoff
       that depends on energy. With this cutoff, we calculate the
scalar
  contribution in a background anti-de Sitter space, the exterior of a
black
  hole, and de Sitter space.In all cases, we find results that can be
simply
   interpreted in terms of local energy and proper volume, yielding
insight
                    into why a theory appears to be holographic.