[SEMINARI]: Dr. Sigl: Introduction to Ultra-High Energy Cosmic Rays (I)

Arcadi Santamaria i Luna Arcadi.Santamaria en uv.es
Mar Oct 15 17:09:09 CEST 2002

Dear colleagues,

Dr. Guenter Sigl (Institut d'Astrophysique, Paris) will be visiting our
group during the period Oct 16 to Nov 4. During his stay he plans to give
a series of introductory lectures on a very hot topic: Ultra-High Energy
Cosmic Rays and its implications on Particle Physics and Astrophysics.

The first lecture will be given next Friday at 12:00 at the IFIC seminar
room, while the date and time of the next ones will be agreed among all
interested people. If any of you can not attend the first seminar at
12:00, please contact one of us and we will try to find a more suitable
time.

Dr. Dmitry Semikoz (Max-Planck-Institut fuer Physik, Munich) will be also
in Valencia for one week (Oct 16-23). He will give a seminar on a related
but more specialized subject, Neutrinos and Ultra-High Energy Cosmic Rays,
on Tuesday Oct 22 at 12:30.

with best regards,

Sergio Pastor and Jose W.F. Valle