[SEMINARI] Spectral Evolution in Blazars

Enric Marco Enric.Marco en uv.es
Dom Abr 1 12:12:21 CEST 2012

Title: Spectral Evolution in Blazars

by:Christian M. Fromm

From: MPI für Radioastronomie, Bonn, Alemanya

Seminari del departament d'Astronomia i Astrofísica
Dimarts 03 abril 2012
16:00

Resum
The spectral evolution in Blazars is usually studied by large
multi-frequency campaigns across the electro-magnetic spectrum.
However, these observations cannot resolve the structure of the jets.
For our study we used a different approach based on multi-frequency
VLBI observations covering a frequency range form 2 GHz to 86 GHz,
which allow to analyze both, the temporal and spatial spectral
evolution. We developed several analysis tools to extract the spectral
parameters and applied it to the 2006 radio flare in CTA 102. In the
talk we will present the first results of this study.
--
---

/------------------------------------\
Dr. Enric Marco