[SEMINARI] On the role of AGN feedback on the thermal and chemodynamical properties of the hot intracluster medium, Susana Planelles

Enric Marco Enric.Marco en uv.es
Lun Dic 16 13:14:07 CET 2013

Title:  On the role of AGN feedback on the thermal and chemodynamical
properties of the hot intracluster medium

by: Susana Planelles

from: Astronomy Unit, Department of Physics, University of Trieste,
INAF-Osservatorio Astronomico Di Trieste, Italia

where: Seminari del departament d'Astronomia i Astrofisica

Date: Dijous 19 desembre 2013, 12:00 h.

Resum

Reproducing the observed X-ray scaling relations, the cooling flow
problem, and the different thermal properties of cool core and non-cool
core clusters still represent a challenge for current cosmological
simulations of galaxy clusters.
In this talk, I will present the general analysis of a set of
cosmological hydrodynamical simulations of galaxy clusters and groups,
performed with the SPH GADGET-3 code, with the aim of studying the
relative role played by different feedback sources on the general
intracluster medium (ICM) properties: scaling relations, thermal radial
profiles, and chemical enrichment. In order to do so, besides a set of
non-radiative simulations, we carried out two sets of simulations
including radiative cooling, star formation, metal enrichment and
feedback from supernovae, one of which also accounts for the effect of
feedback from active galactic nuclei (AGN) resulting from gas accretion
onto super-massive black holes.
Our results confirm that including AGN feedback goes in the right
direction of reconciling simulation predictions and observations for
several observational ICM properties. However, a number of important
discrepancies still exist, highlighting that the model needs to be
improved to produce the correct interplay between cooling and feedback
in central cluster regions.

--
Dr. Enric Marco