[SEMINARI] [SEMINAR] Superfluid Magnetars and QPO spectrum

Enric Marco Enric.Marco en uv.es
Mie Oct 9 21:25:39 CEST 2013

Superfluid Magnetars and QPO spectrum

Xarrada per l'investigador Andrea Passamonti, de l'INAF-Osservatorio
Astronomico di Roma, Itàlia.

Lloc: Seminari del Departament d'Astronomia i Astrofísica, 4a planta
de l'Edifici d'Investigació, a Burjassot.

Dia: dijous 10 d'octubre de 2013.

Hora: 12:00.

Resum

The analysis of Quasi Periodic Oscillations (QPOs) in Magnetars
provided the first application of Asteroseismology in neutron stars.
These oscillations are likely identified with magneto-elastic waves
which originate from the giant flares. Recent cooling calculations
show that heat generated by magnetic field decay does not prevent the
superfluid transition of the magnetar's core. This means that
realistic models of magnetars should include
superfluid/superconducting constituents in order to extract
information from QPO observations. In this talk, I report our results
on the oscillation spectrum of superfluid and magnetised neutron stars
and the implications of superfluid physics on the QPOs.

http://celeste.uv.es/daa/seminari.php.UTF8?id=1073

--
---

/------------------------------------\