[SEMINARI] Date Change [SEMINAR] Optical photometric monitoring of LS I +61 303, Xavier Paredes Fortuny

Enric Marco Enric.Marco en uv.es
Mar Oct 15 15:26:53 CEST 2013

Canvi de data

Títol: Optical photometric monitoring of LS I +61 303

Xavier Paredes Fortuny

Departament d'Astronomia i Meteorologia
Universitat de Barcelona

Divendres 25 d'octubre. 15 hores.

Seminari del departament d'Astronomia i Astrofísica

Abstract:

Four gamma-ray binaries, namely PSR B1259-63, HESS J0632+057, HD 215227
and LSI+61 303, contain compact objects orbiting around massive Be
stars. The nature of the compact object is only known in the case of PSR
B1259-63, but the other systems could also contain young non-accreting
pulsars with relativistic winds. Around periastron passage the compact
objects should produce significant changes in the structure of the Be
disks due to gravitational forces and eventually by ram pressure from
the pulsar wind. Accurate photometry could be used to constrain the
shape of the disk during the periastron passage. In this talk I present
an ongoing program to monitor the optical photometry of gamma-ray
binaries and show preliminary results for the case of LS I+61 303. I
will also briefly talk about my work here, related with relativistic
hydrodynamic simulations of these systems.

http://celeste.uv.es/daa/seminari.php.UTF8?id=1074

--
Dr. Enric Marco