[SEMINARI] Hartle's model within the general theory of perturbative matchings.

Enric Marco Enric.Marco en uv.es
Lun Jun 23 20:21:53 CEST 2014

Speaker: Borja Reina (UPV/EHU)

Title: Hartle's model within the general theory of perturbative matchings

Date: Dijous, 26 de juny a les 15:00 h

Abstract: Hartle's model [1] describes slowly rotating relativistic
stars in the context of GR and essentially consists of the perturbative
matching of a perfect fluid interior with an asymptotically flat vacuum
exterior, up to second order in a rotation parameter.
In the first part of this talk I will present the tools [2] needed to
revisit this model from a consistent point of view and in the second one
I will discuss the importance of the implicit assumptions made to
construct the original model.

[1] James B. Hartle The Astrophysical Journal 150 (1967) 1005-1029
[2] Marc Mars "First and second-order perturbations of hypersurfaces"
CQG 22 (2005) 3325–3347

http://celeste.uv.es/daa/seminari.php.UTF8?id=1086

--
Dr. Enric Marco