[Seminari] Adamantios Stavridis: Differentially rotating neutron stars: A perturbative study

Enric Marco Enric.Marco en uv.es
Lun Nov 12 11:02:13 CET 2007

Differentially rotating neutron stars: A perturbative study

Adamantios Stavridis

Institut d'Astrophysique de Paris

Lloc:Seminari del departament d'Astronomia i Astrofísica

Dia:Dimarts, 13 novembre 2007

Hora:12:00

Resum

A study of non axisymmetric oscillations of differentially rotating
neutron stars in the perturbative framework of General Relativity
will be presented. Differential rotation plays an important role in
nascent neutron stars, and recent numerical studies have shown that
it can be responsible for an instability at low values of the ratio
T/W. We study the oscillation spectrum of those stars and we
investigate the possible effect of the existence of the corrotation
band to the low T/W instability.

--
---

/------------------------------------\